The South Central Transit Authority (SCTA) is developing a Transit Development Plan (TDP) for the fixed-route bus and paratransit services in Berks and Lancaster Counties. The TDP will serve as a guide for meeting future demands for transit services and increasing the overall use of public transit. Development of the TDP involves:
- Identifying demographics and travel trends
- Evaluating current BARTA and RRTA service
- Gathering input from riders and the public regarding existing services and future needs
- Establishing goals and strategies to address unmet transit needs and services issues, such as connecting employees to their place of work.
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for potential growth, such as bus service connecting the cities of Reading and Lancaster and a circulator in downtown Lancaster
- Estimating the level of funding available to provide transit services over the life of the plan
- Providing recommendations and an implementation plan to improve transit services and meet future needs
BARTA Open House Public Meeting
Tuesday, April 17, 2018 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
BARTA Transportation Center (BTC)
8th & Cherry Streets, Reading
RRTA Open House Public Meeting
Thursday, April 19, 2018 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Lancaster County Administration Building
150 North Queen Street, Lancaster – Room 102
To access Room 102, use the building entrance at Binns Park.
Two public open houses were held. One open house was held on November 13 at the BARTA Transportation Center and a second open house was held on November 16 at the Lancaster Park City Mall Community Room. During these open houses, a presentation was given and the public was invited to review several boards with information and provide feedback. Links to review the presentation and display boards are provided below.
After reviewing this information or if you have service suggestions or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Community Survey
SCTA is interested in hearing from the business community and the transportation issues and needs they may have at their locations. As part of its outreach, SCTA is inviting the business community to complete a survey regarding the availability and use of public transit service for their employees and future transit service needs at their businesses. To complete the survey, please click on the survey link: