In August 2018, The South Central Transit Authority (SCTA) completed the development of a Transit Development Plan (TDP) for the fixed-route bus and paratransit services in Berks and Lancaster Counties. The TDP will serve as a guide for meeting future demands for transit services and increasing the overall use of public transit. Development of the TDP involved:
- Identifying demographics and travel trends
- Evaluating current BARTA and RRTA service
- Gathering input from riders and the public regarding existing services and future needs
- Establishing goals and strategies to address unmet transit needs and services issues, such as connecting employees to their place of work.
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for potential growth
- Estimating the level of funding available to provide transit services over the life of the plan
- Conducting a fare analysis
Transit Development Plan Final Report
The Transit Development Plan Final Report is available for review by clicking on the link below:
The Final Report includes ten appendices. The appendices are available for review by clicking on the links below:
After reviewing this information, if you have comments or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.