BARTA welcomes your business
We want to make doing business with BARTA as easy as possible. If you want to do business with BARTA, here is where you will find all the information that you will need. On this business opportunities page we offer links to procurement bid/RFP packages and award status, sales of obsolete equipment, and contacts for those interested in advertising on our buses and shelters.
This page also provides links for local businesses to learn about the program and assistance BARTA makes available for Disadvantaged Business Opportunities (DBE). Finally, existing and potential vendors can learn about our solicitation policy. BARTA welcomes your interest in working together with us!
Why do business with BARTA?
- In Fiscal Year 2011-2012 BARTA purchased approximately 15.5 million dollars a year in professional services; business services; construction; equipment and supplies. Of that total, approximately 3.6 million dollars went to businesses in Berks County.
- BARTA service (fixed route and paratransit) covers all 864 square miles of Berks County, with fixed route services reaching 32 municipalities and carrying over 3.1 million passengers annually. Each weekday over 10,000 passenger trips take place on BARTA buses.
- Our fixed route service features 57 buses; over 30 bus shelters and more than 1,000 bus stops; on 21 routes that combined travel over 1.6 million route miles.
- BARTA paratransit service features 40 vans, over 180,000 passengers traveling approximately 860 thousand miles annually.
- In addition to our main vehicle servicing and administration facility located on North 11th Street, BARTA also operates two downtown Reading intermodal facilities (BTC, Franklin St. Station) and the Park-N-Transit parking garage.
Examples of transit advertising locations. Don’t forget inside the bus or at the BTC too!