BARTA operates five Park-N-Ride lots throughout Berks County that are served by BARTA’s fixed route system. Those lots, their locations and the Route that serves the location are listed below:
· First Energy Stadium Park-N-Ride, located at Front & Cathedral Streets, is served by Route 19 – Riverside/Cotton Street
· Hamburg Park-N-Ride, located at Redner’s at 500 Hawk Ridge Drive in Hamburg, is served by Route 20 – Route 61/Hamburg
· Leesport Park-N-Ride, located at Redner’s at 2479 Pottsville Pike (Route 61), is served by Route 20 – Route 61/Hamburg
· Shelbourne Square Park-N-Ride, located near Redners in the Shelbourne Square Shopping Center, is served by Route 8 – Reiffton/Shelbourne Square
· Womelsdorf Park-N-Ride, located at the intersection of Routes 422 and 419 at McDonald’s, is served by Route 14 – Wernersville via Sinking Spring
Using the BARTA Park-N-Ride buses is easy and economical. Just park at any of the lots in the designated area and take the bus for a relaxing and carefree commute.
If your workplace is located in downtown Reading, you can purchase a 31 Day Park-N-Ride Pass for $29.00. This Pass lets you ride from the Park-N-Ride location of your choice to either downtown Reading or the BARTA Transportation Center (BTC) at 8th & Cherry Streets and back again. If getting to your workplace requires that you change buses, you would need to purchase a 31 Day Base Pass ($43.00) if you park at First Energy Stadium Park-N-Ride or a 31 Day Anywhere Pass ($45.00) if you park at any of the other Park-N-Ride locations. Using either the Base or Anywhere Pass allows you to ride BARTA as many times as you like and from any location. You can also purchase One Day Anywhere Passes if you do not plan to use the bus every day. The One Day Anywhere Pass allows you to get on and off of the bus and to go wherever BARTA travels as many times in one day as you like. The cost of these passes is $3.00 if you purchase them in advance at either the BARTA Transportation Center or at the BARTA Dispatcher’s office at 11th & Exeter Streets in Reading. You may also purchase the passes onboard the bus at a cost of $4.00. The one-way cash fare from the First Energy Stadium lot is $1.60 and $1.85 from all others.
All of our bus schedules are available at most major businesses, the BARTA Transportation Center and at our website, www.bartabus.com. You can also contact the BARTA Dispatcher at 610-921-0601 for schedule information.